Retech Systems LLC Mechanical Engineer in Williamsville, New York
Williamsville. Retech Systems LLC. Mechanical Engineer. FT. M-F. 40 Hours/week. Benefits.
Support department design efforts by researching, planning, and designing mechanical and electromechanical equipment for the metallurgical, specialty metals, hazardous waste treatment, and aerospace industries.
Provide sales, customer, and project support of systems utilizing electrical, hydraulic, vacuum, and pneumatic components for equipment such as plasma welders, plasma melters, induction vacuum casters, electron beam melters, and vacuum arc re-melters, and associated material handling equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Provide engineering department support by generating high quality high accuracy technical evaluations and reports of designs utilizing hand calculations, FEA, or other methods.
* Provide technical support for the Sales Department including: System sizing analysis, equipment conceptual and detailed layouts, customer visits, and cost analysis.
* Develop clear and concise engineering specifications for design and/or procurement of subsystems, components, and engineering services.
* Generate high quality written reports, proposals, instructions, manuals, white papers, and other documentation that may be distributed to customers, internal users, or the public at large.
* Develop written methods and procedures for testing equipment and systems.
* Provide reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
* Review documents such as customer design specifications and requests for quotes to determine feasibility of design and applicability of Retech products to customer needs.
* Generate creative solutions, use feedback to modify design, apply design principals, and demonstrate attention to detail.
* Support fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
Education and/or Experience:
BSME from a four-year college or university
Minimum of 1 year experience with Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, or other 3D CAD program.
Minimum of 1 year experience using FEA Software or similar.
* Ability to perform heat transfer analysis and energy balance on complex systems
* Strong stress analysis skills
* Working knowledge of FEA analysis
* Proven track record in generating innovative and practical ideas
* Experience with industrial schematics or P&IDs
* Working knowledge of recognized industry standards
* Ability to maintain project schedules and adhere to budgets
* Working knowledge of materials suitable for use in high temperature, corrosive environments
* A work style which is "people oriented" and can obtain the best out of team members
The physical demands described here are representative of those employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
Other Job Requirements: Must be able and willing to travel to international and domestic sites for sales, installation, and customer service support for durations up to 4 weeks at a time.
To apply, forward cover letter and resume to: