SMG Warehouse Lead in Wichita, Kansas
Lawrence Dumont Stadium: Oversee warehouse or shipping & receiving experience, well organized and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to keep us in a fast paced environment, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Learn our products.
- Move and label boxes & pallets.
- Make sure the proper supplies are being pulled.
- Make sure the pulled items match requested items.
- Fill out forms and label product.
- Maintain organization within the warehouse areas.
- Assist with counting product and supply inventories.
- Assist with loading and unloading inbound and outbound vehicles.
- Assist with transporting items as needed.
- Reports to F&B Personnel in appropriate uniform, for assigned location.
- Follows all rules and regulations which apply to the beverage operations and to SMG Food and Beverage Division.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Basic working knowledge of food and beverage.
- Good communication skills
- Requires someone that has experience leading others
- MUST HAVE 1-2 years in similar position; ie. Warehouse Lead or Coordinator
- Must be focused, detail oriented, follows directions well, and learns quickly
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Experience using computer, Outlook, Excel, database programs.
- Knowledge in use of warehouse equipment (forklift, pallet jack)
- Food Handler's Permit or ability to obtain one upon hire
- Attend all SMG Alcohol and Policy Training Classes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Food handler certificate required from Health Department.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills. A good attitude and a smiling face required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work with co-workers, volunteers and all levels of staff.
Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks
- Attention to detail.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
This position requires stooping and lifting up to 100 lbs, substantial standing and walking.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled