SMG Premium Seating Food and Beverage Attendant in Wichita, Kansas
Service of Food and Beverage to guests. Delivers to and/or serves guests. Maintenance of food and beverage supplies and cleanliness. If applicable, presents guest with bill and processes payments correctly, Regular attendance, conformance with the policies established by SMG is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Promptly supply food and beverage pantries
- Promptly obtain orders and deliver guests beverages and food items.
- When acting in server position, you are an independent cashier, responsible for accuracy.
- Anticipate guest needs and attend to guests appropriately.
- Make sure work area is clean.
- Assist in food, beverage, equipment, meeting supplies, china, glass and silverware
- Inventories on a predetermined basis.
- Make sure all storerooms are clean, organized and secured.
- Follow rules and regulations of SMG Food & Beverage.
- Interact with guests and team members in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Catering responsibilities, as required, include preparation and breakdown of event, set-up, distribution of food, maintain guest contact, refill beverages, pick-up utensils and dinnerware,
- Reports to Premium Service and Catering Manager in appropriate uniform, for assigned location.
- Follows all rules and regulations which apply to the Savor and SMG.
- Efficient cash and credit card handling.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Manager.
- Knowledge of food and beverage service
- Six to twelve months prior server experience.
- Cash handling and credit card processing experience.
- Point of sale on computer operation systems.
- Ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Positive attitude and neat appearance.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Food Handler's Permit or ability to obtain one upon hire.
- Attend all SMG Alcohol and Policy Training Classes.
- Ability to pass background/credit check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Food handler certificate required from Health Department.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A good attitude and a smiling face required.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work with co-workers, volunteers and all levels of staff.
Skills and Abilities:
- Positive, customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays. Eligible to work in United States.
This position requires bending, stooping and lifting up to 50 lbs, substantial standing and walking.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled