SMG Regional Vice-President, Operations for Stadiums/Arenas and Convention Centers in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Regional Vice President, Operations for Stadiums/Arenas and Convention Centers for SMG. Directs all SMG Operations activities within the established policies and procedures to achieve financial, strategic and service goals and objectives. Adheres to SMG goals and policies. Has primary responsibility in maintaining effective client contact and providing leadership to the operational management of our venues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review, approve and monitor all budgets, make recommendations regarding adjustments and changes to them.
- Provide the President, SMG with support in developing and implementing strategic goals and objectives, policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement standards of operation throughout our venues to ensure the highest level of quality service.
- Represent SMG in all aspects of new business development through the Senior Vice President of Sales by giving guidance in identifying new clients, acquisitions, contracts, permits, proposal development, sales presentations and contract negotiation.
- Direct the growth of our operations through new business and aggressive Marketing Programs designed to increase revenues.
- Maintain liaison and work closely with SMG's financial and other staff services.
- Maintain and enhance SMG's client and prospective relations.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws.
MUST HAVE OPERATIONS EXPERIENCE FOR STADIUMS/ARENAS, AND CONVENTION CENTERS.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
College degree preferably in a related field with exposure to business administration, accounting and sales, plus a minimum of 10 years of management experience. Strong conceptual skills and leadership and organization abilities are necessary. The ability to interact and negotiate with senior level management is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements to:
Peggy Gilkin SMG-Corporate 300 Conshohocken State Road, Suite 450 West Conshohocken, PA 19428 Fax: 610-729-1590
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1070.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled