SMG Financial Reporting Manager in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
The Financial Reporting Manager position will provide financial, tax and statutory reporting support to the controller, as well as, assistance with monitoring accounting policy and reporting changes. Specific areas of support to the controller, among others, will include:
- Research and document technical accounting issues under US GAAP and IFRS standards.
- Monitoring and communicating relevant information regarding emerging accounting standards; and assistance in implementing new standards as appropriate.
- Documenting and updating Company accounting policies and procedures including those associated with internal controls over financial reporting compliance.
- Research and document financial, tax and regulatory reporting changes and provide updates to management.
- Assist with the preparation of accounting transaction memos detailing the implications of new services contracts.
- Provide support for financial report preparation and submission to parent company and external users of the financial statements.
- Develop detailed understanding of legal entity structure and assist with management reporting for statutory and tax requirements for all entities and jurisdictions.
- Fulfill audit requests from internal and external auditors and be able to provide proper support and analysis.
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests from members within the Accounting department and other departments as needed.
- Identify and implement improvements and efficiencies for financial reporting and operational management reporting (in conjunction with other departments).
- Individual will also be required to perform general accounting work.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting required.
- Active CPA license required.
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience with large public accounting firm doing accounting/auditing related work.
- Strong US GAAP knowledge and research skills. Also, familiarity with IFRS preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate and advocate accounting positions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- General understanding of information technology systems/ERP systems preferred but not required and willingness to learn new systems expected.
- Ability to handle variety of responsibilities and prioritize as needed.
- Strong analytical and organization skills.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Ariel Popa SMG-Corporate 300 Conshohocken State Road Suite 450 West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 620-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled