SMG Accounting Manager, Food & Beverage Division in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Accounting Manager, Food & Beverage Division for SMG Corporate Office. The Accounting Manager, Food & Beverage Division will be responsible for coordinating the general accounting function for the Food & Beverage Division. You will perform a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant responsibility for the month end close process and balance sheet reviews reporting directly to the Director of Finance - Food & Beverage Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of monthly operating results to Director of Finance - F&B along with variance explanations. Supervise the preparation of monthly financial statements to ensure GAAP compliance, and accordance with contractual obligations and commitments.
- Ensure the accuracy of the Food & Beverage locations general ledger. Review Food & Beverage balance sheets monthly with location managers to ensure compliance with GAAP, company policies and contractual obligations.
- Provide direct and indirect support to field personnel. Coordinate with field operations with regard to problem solving activities and complex accounting issues. Pursue opportunities to improve quality and timeliness of information.
- Evaluate monthly financial statement closing packages to ensure compliance with SMG policies and procedures and client contractual obligations. Develop consistent reporting requirements.
- Assist with corporate reporting and conduct internal audits of field locations to monitor internal controls.
- Coordinate and assist field personnel with outside audits necessary to conform to contractual stipulations.
- Participate in special projects as required by management.
- Supports Food & Beverage accounts in their day to day accounting needs, including, but not limited to, cash & banking and accounts payable processing, activities, and reconciliations.
- Review financial statements with Food & Beverage field Directors of Finance and provide summaries of activity and financial impact to Corporate Food & Beverage Finance Staff
- Assists in the transition of new Food & Beverage accounts.
- Assist the Director of Finance-F&B with the development and implementation of standardized and integrated financial reporting packages, including the creation of ad-hoc analysis and reports.
- Reviews external and internal audits with F&B Facility Directors of Finance and General Managers
- Develops a strong control environment and ensures compliance with SMG's financial policy and procedures
- Oversight of tax filings and liquor license renewals
- Must be willing to travel -- about 25%.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in accounting and at least five years of relevant accounting and/or finance experience.
- The ability to manage in a diverse, fast-paced, and decentralized environment with a keen focus on both corporate and client services is required.
- Strong analytical skills and organizational skills are essential to success in this position.
- Internal controls experience along with experience interacting with external auditors is required.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll systems desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPA is plus, but not required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Ability to work irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for review of statistical and other financial records and information.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Ariel Popa SMG Corporate 300 Conshohocken State Road West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled