SMG Parking Attendant in Syracuse, New York
Job Title: Parking Attendant
Reports To: Garage Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Collects cash from customers in the open lot and parking garage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for collecting cash from customers either entering or exiting the parking lot
- Responsible for Security Duties in the parking lot.
- Ensures that vehicles park in the correct places.
- Directs the flow of traffic when needed.
- Clean up trash and other debris around parking lot as needed.
- Watches open lot and parking garage for problems that may occur.
- Collect monthly payments from customers.
- Must be able to work flexible hours
There are no supervisor responsibilities with this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Six to twelve months' parking lot or garage experience preferred
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Mathematical Skills
- Very Customer Service Oriented
- Excellent oral communication skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
NY State Certified Security License Required
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold and etc. The employee must be able to stand and walk for a long period time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, balancing, grasping, feeling and reaching.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat and cold.
- Frequently works rotating shifts and weekends.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite
Hali Greenhouse, HR Generalist
800 South State St.
Syracuse, NY 13202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 315-435-8062
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled