Caterpillar, Inc. Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift Seguin, TX in Seguin, Texas
Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift Seguin, TX
For over 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2015 sales and revenues of $47.011 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
As a Warehouse Associate at Caterpillar Inc., you will work from a variety of source documents to verify part numbers, part locations and quantities. In addition to counting parts and filling orders, you will conduct first line, basic quality assessment of parts for damage and defects.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing heavy equipment, reach trucks, sit-down forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Perform material handling and warehousing functions as required.
- Order filling, processing, storing/ picking of parts, materials, equipment and supplies.
- Operating automated packaging equipment, shipping and receiving.
- 6 months previous distribution center, warehouse, and/or order filling experience.
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience with operation of materials handling equipment.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds for intervals of 15-30 minutes.
- Infrequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Work at heights of up to 20 feet from the floor.
- Work in an environment with frequently changing temperatures.
- Walk squat and bend over for intervals of 15-30 minutes.
- This position may require weekend overtime work.
Job Supply Chain / Logistics
Primary Location United States-Texas-Seguin
Unposting Date: Apr 23, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Req ID: 180003V7