SMG Swing Shift Guest Services Supervisor in Salt Lake City, Utah
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Guest Services Shift Supervisor for SMG/Mountain America Exposition Center. Responsible for providing supervision of full-time and part-time Security personnel necessary to ensure all employees, patrons and assets of the facility are secure and safe to the greatest extent possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the facility is secure and safe at all times
- Ensure the safety and protection of persons within the facility
- Maintain recordings of video security system
- Provide round-the-clock surveillance to the facility
- Observe and identify possible unauthorized visitors and takes measures to correct situations
- Enforce facility policies, procedures and regulations
- Maintain records of incidents and accidents that occur at the facility
- Respond to medical or incidental emergencies
- Secure building and keep records of after hour access, incidents, etc.
- Use and monitor multi-channel radio and communication system to relay information and maintain communications center
- Other duties as required
- Supervise Security Officers on shift
- Communicate daily with Security Manager regarding all security, facility and personnel issues
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
- Minimum 12 months previous supervisory experience preferred
- 2 years of experience in similar environment preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Must be able to present a positive, professional image and be customer service oriented at all times
- Must be dependable with a professional level of integrity and a strong work ethic
- Proficiency with Microsoft and other computer programs preferred
- Accuracy in performing assigned duties is essential
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled