SMG Group Sales Intern in Richmond, Virginia
POSITION: Group Sales Intern
REPORTS TO: Group Sales Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt Part-Time
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Group Sales and Marketing Interns at Richmond Coliseum, Dominion Arts Center, and Altria Theater. These interns assist with the purchase of group orders to events at all SMG Richmond venues, in particular Altria Theater and Richmond Coliseum. This person also assists with subscription to the Broadway In Richmond series of events.
- Manage incoming patron calls, including inquiries, ticket exchanges, ticket fulfillment and customer service.
- Make daily outbound calls to cultivate existing clients and generate new business possibilities.
- Assist in maintaining and building group sales database along with interest in the Broadway In Richmond series. This could include working the Broadway table at events to promote upcoming shows and increase database.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous successful sales background required
- Excellent keyboarding, written and oral communication skills required.
- Proficient in software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel and Word.
- Clear and concise verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to maximize use of time, resources and technology.
- Evenings, weekends and holidays may be required during events.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled