SMG Executive Chef in Reno, Nevada
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Executive Chef for Reno-Sparks Convention Center, located in Reno, NV. The Executive Chef manages purchasing, receiving, and producing all food items in the facility. Overseeing the stewarding department, and maintaining all culinary equipment to include china, glass, and silverware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ordering, receiving and preparing all food items.
- Maintaining food costs and budget goals.
- Produce required product according to Banquet Event Orders for each event.
- Develop proposals for potential clients, to include tastings on larger plated events.
- Entertain prospective clients of the Convention Center or Arena through Chef's tables.
- Report on a daily basis to the Food & Beverage Director event by event costs.
- Maintains an active role in local hospitality community and professional associations.
- Attend in-house event-related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments.
- Develop menus and other projects.
- Maintaining all kitchen equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance.
- Participate in promotional media related events to promote the facility.
- Hiring and Training of all kitchen and stewarding staff to in clued "Serve safe" and any Health department regulations.
- Maintain and manage culinary and stewarding personnel to meet labor and production objectives.
- Give oversight and direction to retail production and deliverability.
- Maintain a Health Department score of 90 or higher.
- Daily contact with the Director of Food & Beverage and other convention center employees. Regular contact with all Catering managers and banquet and Concessions staff.
Directly supervises all kitchen personnel and stewarding department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. This includes interviewing, hiring and training all personnel in department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
At least (8) years of culinary experience in a banquet facility producing meals for large events.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to meet required budgetary goals.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to be creative with food presentations and maintain a quality product.
- Must maintain local Health Codes and sanitation HACCP
Computer skills to include Excel programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. Thisposition requires minimal stooping and lifting. Substantial standing, walking and manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as a computer is required.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please send a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements to:
Ariel Popa SMG-Corporate 300 Conshohocken State Road, Suite 450 West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled