Lockheed Martin Subsystem Design Engineer / Advanced Programs in Palmdale, California
Description: The Lockheed Martin Skunk Works® is a national asset that not only holds a legendary history but also a promising future. Just as founder Clarence “Kelly” Johnson intended, we’re not big on titles or protocol – we simply tackle the toughest technical challenges, making a real difference for our customers.
This position is for a Subsystem Installation Design Engineer. The candidate will apply technical principles, theories and concepts to integrate systems that may include: avionics, fuel, hydraulics, secondary power and environmental control for advanced air vehicles. The candidate will coordinate efforts across a wide range of functional organizations including Airframe Design, Quality Assurance, Planning, Tooling, Structural Analysis, Materials & Processes, Flight Sciences, Test and Manufacturing.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Contributing to the integration, testing, and validation of subsystem designs.
• Assisting in the creation of 3-D CATIA models, assemblies, installations, interface/supplier control drawings, performance specifications, system checkout procedures and statements of work.
• Assisting in the creation of system requirements, trade studies, and component/ground/flight test plans.
• Coordinating with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams, management and the customer.
• Providing manufacturing, component test and ground/flight test support.
Must be a US Citizen, position is located at a facility that requires special access. Selected Applicant must have a secret clearance with an investigation completed within the last 5 years.
Desired Skills: • Experience in CATIA V5
• Experience with metallic and composite design
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Experience with hand stress analysis for preliminary sizing
• Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience with a related Master’s degree.
• Bachelor or above degree in an engineering discipline.
• Experience with CATIA, Solidworks, Pro Engineer, Creo, Unigraphics, NX or equivalent 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool.
Selected Applicant must have a secret clearance with an investigation completed within the last 5 years.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.