SMG Usher Escalator Greeter in New Orleans, Louisiana
POSITION: Usher Escalator Greeter
DEPARTMENT: Guest Services
REPORTS TO: Usher Guest Services Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Usher Escalator Greeter for SMG/Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square. Responsible for monitoring crowd movement onto the escalators. Your purpose is to greet guests as they board the escalators, direct guests to their seats, answer questions and provide information. You are on the "front line" and will experience the excitement and energy of the event.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests and regulate the flow of guests onto the escalators.
- Engage and interact with guests.
- Offer assistance to guests who may need help locating their seat.
- Monitor the ingress and egress of the escalators.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to read and understand written English
- Able to stand for long periods of time, up to 6 hours, and ability to climb stairs
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years customer service experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled