Intermountain Healthcare Patient Services Rep- Part Time-Mt Pleasant Clinic in Mount Pleasant, Utah
South Central Utah
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Responsible for patient/clinic coordination including; scheduling appointments, patient registration, cashiering functions, and answering phone calls.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Enters patient information (including demographic, insurance, and financial information) into appropriate computer systems. Completes required patient paperwork and checks that patient charts are prepared for visits and available to clinical staff. Assists and educates patients regarding their account information.
- 2. Financial duties: Collects payments to account and co-payments, and balances credit card machine daily. Prepares daily bank deposit from batch payments and/or misc. payments by mail. Balances cash drawer daily. Educates patients on financial assistance process / forms and enters applicable information into the computer system. Monitors financial scorecard measures and charge entry errors (i.e. A/R, Bump Lists, Registration Audit Reports, etc.)
- 3. Office clerical duties: Schedules patient visits and maintains provider schedules. Answers phone calls to the facility and resolves or forwards the calls. Performs filing, scanning, and organization of front office supplies / materials.
- 4. Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives (i.e. CQI, TQM, Lean, 100% participation, etc.).
- Entry Rate: $13.05
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Shift will include hours up to 9 PM three days per week
- Six months of customer service experience involving interactions with customers in person and by phone.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills involving word processing and data entry.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- One year of customer service experience, especially in a Hospital or Medical Office.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 20
Primary Work Location Sanpete Valley Hospital
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Mount Pleasant