SMG Lead Cook in Los Angeles, California
POSITION: Lead Cook
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Lead Cook for SMG/The Greek Theatre. Responsible for - Lead Cook is responsible for the preparation of food in a timely, efficient, sanitary, and consistent manner. The Line Cook must be prepared to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment, while maintaining the organizational ability to identify and act on job duties quickly and effectively. The Lead Cook must be prepared to work as a team member in a dynamic workplace, follow all safety procedures, and have a high threshold for heat and stress in a kitchen environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service.
- Insures all food items are covered, dated and correctly stored food.
- Insures all goods are stocked before each shift and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions.
- Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Maintain a prepared and sanitary work area always.
- Assists and approves the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas per SMG and Chefs guidelines.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Executive Chef or Sous Chef at any time.
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances.
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately.
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
- Returns dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas.
- Assist with all duties as assigned by Executive Chef.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Supervise all line cooks during service insuring proper set up and break down of service area
- Insures line cooks prepare a variety of foods; meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable, and cold food items.
- Responsible for the kitchen's operation in the absence of the Chef.
- Makes the Chef aware of any food and/or personnel issues.
- Insures all line cooks take their breaks at their appropriate time.
- Mentors employees to better service standards through setting good examples and practices.
- Opens or closes any food service area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must be 18 to apply. Received High school diploma or GED.
- Must have current ServeSafe certification.
- Must have ability to take directions and effectively perform the work. At least (3) year experience in a food service preparing meals. And (2) years kitchen managers experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to produce high quality food in a fast pace environment.
- Positive attitude, customer service oriented.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Good work ethic
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. This position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions other than loud sound for some events. This position requires stooping and lifting. Must be able to lift 25 lbs. to the waist.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000308339706#/
SMG / The Greek Theatre
2700 North Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (323) 606-8441.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled