SMG Warehouse Driver in Long Beach, California
POSITION: Warehouse Driver
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Warehouse Driver for SMG/Premier at the Long beach Convention and Entertainment Center. The position is responsible for receiving, delivering, storing and rotation of all products equipment to and from the aquarium of the pacific. Oversees and executes pull sheets for both cash and catering. Drives the company truck as needed to accomplish these tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prints, fills and delivers all food and beverage requisitions and catering pullsheets
- Assists in the storing of product practicig proper FIFO and date/ rotation of all product.
- Receives all products and equipment following company policy with regards to PO's, Invoices and pull sheets
- Responsible for storage areas at all designated storage areas at the convention center, as well as loading dock safety.
- Works with Banquet Manager to ensure Catering pulls are complete and delivered.
- Oversees that all transfers are entered into quest daily and MA's are completed andsigned by Director for deliveries. Interoffice copies of MA's to accounting.
- Advises managers of deleivery status and shortages.
- Keeps truck fueled and in working oder at all times.
- Assists runners in restocking all locations.
- Assists in Laundry rotation.
- Loading and unloading product.
- Ensures that all equipment and product deliveries are done safely and accurately and on time. Works with Banquet Manager to ensure proper inventory control withing storage areas is maintained.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Proven working experience as a Delivery Driver
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good driving record with no traffic violations
- High school degree
Skills and Abilities
- Works throughout the building and when off premise must practice safe driving at all times.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Strong orientation to custome service and ability to work with other staff members in the facilty.
Computer Skills Knowledable with Quest and Eatec programs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled