SMG Cashier in Long Beach, California
- This position is responsible for the overall accurate accounting of all transactions, including inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintians accurate accounting of all cash and inventory on assigned concession stand.
- Performs location worker assignments.
- Maintains safe working conditions and sanitary work area for employees
- Plans for daily sales flow and makes change requirements known to the concession Manager
- Organizes all paperwork for cashier responsilbilties.
- Physical inventory sheet
- Meal sheet and spoilage reports
- Cash slips
- Verifies the proper item prices to the menu
- Stocks and restocks product upon delivery to location
- Monitors the proper recording of employees' meals and meal vouchers, if applicable.
- Maintains accurate cash handling procedures at all times.
- Comply with transfer and requisition, cash handling and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Must have a California Food handler/ Servsafe Certification
- Performs other location duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experiance
- Must have basic working knowledge of cash register and cash handling procedures.
- Must have sufficient math ability to accurately count and handle money
- Must have basic working knowledge of concession/ cafeteria operation.
- Must have ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Strong Knowledge of Sanitary practises.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Positive customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Requires to work flexible hours, including nights weekends and holidays in addition to normal hours.
This position may require working inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. It also requires to stand for long hours during events.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs to the waist.
- Must be able to push and pull 25lbs.
- Stooping and lifting
SMG is an equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, and Encourages Women, Minorities, Indviduals with Disabilites, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled