Lockheed Martin Construction Engineer Staff in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At Lockheed Martin Space (LM Space), we’re shaping the space technologies of tomorrow, today. As LM Space further enhances and develops a competitive enterprise for capturing new opportunities in the market, our facility Project Implementation organization is providing the path forward in a dynamic environment to stay ahead of facility infrastructure needs and construction innovations through projects supporting many types of space. As a Facilities Construction Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on interesting challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new or redesign current, state of the art engineering facilities. At Lockheed Martin Space, you’ll use innovative construction engineering approaches that will help facilitate our ability to achieve mission success.
In this Construction Engineer role, you will work on projects that will vary from very simple with low complexity tenant finish to higher technical specialized laboratories and unique testing chambers.
Responsibilities will include:
• Plan, oversee, and manage all aspects during the construction implementation process for new or expanded facilities, equipment installations, area refurbishments, and infrastructure upgrades through closeout.
• Prepares construction functional studies, construction implementation strategies and schedules.
• Supervises outside contractors ensuring compliance to engineering designs and specifications.
• Evaluates design to codes LM engineering standards
and construction specifications, reviews budgetary costing, and
manages final inspection of facility projects.
• Conducts construction field site surveillance to ensure adherence to contractual requirements, safety and risk mitigation plans.
• Responsible for inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established standards specifications and schedules
• Works closely with in-house architectural/engineering design staff as well as outside consultants.
• Proficient interpretation of design drawings with company standards and specifications applicable for Colorado State and County building agencies in support of construction projects.
• Shown installation knowledge of architectural, mechanical and electrical system installations.
• Experience directing and managing outside contractors and vendors throughout all phases of the construction process for
multiple concurrent projects up to $50+ million.
• Able to represent project accountability to executive level Leadership.
• Experience with construction risk management and safety assessment experience required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Power Point, Word, Project Scheduling or similar scheduling tool.
• Project Engineering background
• Commercial / Industrial / Government build experience
• Ability to motivate team building and demonstrate excellent interpersonal customer skills, time management, and organizational strength.
• Construction background including managing and negotiating with architectural & engineering firms, general contractors, and subcontractors
• Project management PMP Certification, LEED or recent LEAN Construction Project Development Experience
• Shown as leader that can support team managerial areas, process improvements, and is a self-starter.
• Motivated with excellent interpersonal customer skills, time management for multi-tasking several projects concurrently, and organizational strength. Knowledge and training.
• Shown experience in executive communication and representing the organization through providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
• Bachelors degree with 9 years of professional, job relevant experience or 7 years with a Masters degree
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations.
• Familiarity with preparing and evaluating cost estimates at various stages of project maturity from preliminary concept to
• Holds project knowledge in unique laboratories, aerospace assembly, test operation areas, and cleanrooms.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.