IPRO Community Outreach Coordinator in Lake Success, New York
Community Outreach Coordinator - ESRD
Under the supervision of the Patient Services Director, the Community Outreach Coordinator will serve as a patient advocate for all dialysis patients in New York and a resource for all outpatient dialysis providers on any ESRD patient questions or concerns. As part of the advocacy role, this position will have a key role in the creation, design and management of quality improvement (QI) activities related to improving grievance outcomes, the patient experience of care, and implementing peer mentorship programs. Creative and innovative approaches will be needed in the development of interventions designed with Patient Advisory Council (PAC) members in support of overall quality improvement goals for the ESRD program. In addition, the Community Outreach Coordinator will support the Patient Services Department as they assist patients with grievances and facilities with access to care concerns.
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to effectively communicate with external and internal customers/staff using virtual platforms such as WebEx.
* Proficiency with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a comfort with learning various software programs.
* Strong interpersonal and advocacy skills with the ability to work professionally and successfully with a diverse population.
* Strong problem solving, mediation, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
* Strong attention to detail with the ability to maintain accurate record.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Public Health or related field, required. Master's degree, preferred.
* A minimum of one (1) year of related work experience, required.
* Experience working in the dialysis setting, preferred.
* Knowledge of state/federal agencies, community resources and nephrology, preferred.
IPRO offers a comprehensive benefits package.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please click here: https://ipro.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fcu9
While we are grateful for all interest expressed in employment with IPRO, only qualified candidates being considered will be contacted.
IPRO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran