Robert Half International Collections in Indianapolis, Indiana
A service company North of Downtown Indianapolis has an immediate project need for a Commercial Collections Specialist on the Credit/Collections team. The project will be 2+ months and will be working under the Collections Manager.
The Collections Analyst will be assisting in the review and set up of all new accounts requested through the new account set up process. In addition, this person will also work closely with the organization's outside collection agency and manage the bankruptcy and 3rd party collection process.
Duties will include: - Assisting the Credit and Collections Manager with providing credit review for all new accounts. - Communicating and following up effectively with sales department regarding new customer accounts on a timely basis. - Establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships with key staff at each station and business unit.
- Completed Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or related field, or equivalent experience preferred, but not required
- Intermediate Excel skills- 3+ years experience in Credit and Collections Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a plus)
- Thorough understanding of credit reporting agencies (D B / Equifax / Experian)
- Proficient in reading / interpreting financial statements for the purpose of underwriting credit
- Ability to manage both internal and external relationships
- Must work well in a fast paced environment
- Have strong attention to detail and be able to set goals
- Commitment to outstanding customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2018 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans