Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer (early career) in Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
This role will provide systems engineering support for the ICBM Sustainment Reentry System/Reentry Vehicle Sub-System as part of ICBM and Strategic Systems. The Systems Engineer will have an experience base within systems engineering principles as it relates system and component data trending analysis using complex statistical approaches. This Systems Engineer will support the generation of analytical products related to
sustainment of the weapons system. Tasking relating to reliability, risk assessment and requirement managements will also be required. Compiles and analyzes performance and statistical reports; investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting system performance. Conducts research in fundamental statistics and mathematics and in application of statistical techniques to test data, engineering, and other fields, and solves or directs solutions to problems by mathematical methods. Coordinates statistical and technical analysis results with engineering.
Desired Skills: - Knowledge of statistical methods, including regression analysis, analysis of variance, experimental design, hypothesis testing, probability estimation, sample size estimation, and reliability analysis
- Expertise using statistical analytical methods for data trending
- Database systems and software tools: EXCEL and SPSS (or equivalent: SAS, R, Minitab) and their application in statistical analysis, including ability to generate macros and provide graphical representation of data
- Skills in performing reliability analyses of systems and components
- Familiarity with the Minuteman III ICBM System
- Understanding of Oracle database systems and SQL commands
- Data development and database management skills
- Requirement verification test
- Qualification/Validation test
- Active DoD Secret clearance or above
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering with statistics/mathematics minor, or related degree and/or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Technical writing and presentation skills
- Experience using statistical analytical methods
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.