SMG F & B Accounting Manager in Hidalgo, Texas
SAVOR... a leading provider of food and beverage services at sports, entertainment and convention facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for the Food & Beverage Accounting Manager for SAVOR/SMG State Farm Arena's food and beverage operations. Operations produce about $2.3MM in annual revenue. This position reports to the Director of Food and Beverage. Primary job responsibilities are to ensure all financial operational tasks are completed accurately, including daily and monthly reporting and reconciliations, journal entries, customer billings and receivables, and processing of accounts payable. New hire must have the ability to work during events as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages all F&B event related accounting processes including cash and vault preparations, vault room staffing and overseeing cash room closeout
- Reconcile events and build event flash repors
- Manage accounts payable and vendor relations
- Prepares customer billings and posts F&B sales
- Post journal entries as required and maintain clean supporting backup
- Ensures proper segregation of duties exist throughout the department
- Controls inventory and FF&E valuation processes and uses Quest inventory software to ensure proper controls and efficiencies are realized.
- Assists the Finance Director in the monthly reporting package and corporate reporting requirements
- Assists the Finance Director in other ad hoc analyses
- Develops a strong control environment and upholds the location's financial policy and procedures
- Maintain tax filings and liquor license renewals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 2 years' experience in management level position in Food & Beverage
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills and Abilities
- Customer Focused: Driven to deliver best-in-class service
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting practices
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills
- Ability to convey detailed business drivers into big picture impact when communicating to executive leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft Office products such as Excel, and Word. Experience with Quest POS, Peachtree, and Caterease software desirable.
- This position will require the ability to interact with all levels of staff including executive management
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk for long periods of time and move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact Mistyca Perez at 956-843-6688.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled