SMG Cashier in Hidalgo, Texas
SAVOR... a leading provider of food and beverage services at sports, entertainment and convention facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Cashier for SAVOR/SMG State Farm Arena. Responsible for performing the daily activities of planning and preparing for daily cash sales flow during events for the facility
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains accurate accounting of all cash on assigned location.
- Performs location worker assignments.
- Plans for peak hour sales and makes change requirements known to Location Manager.
- Organizes all paperwork for Cashier responsibilities including cash verification slips and over-ring and under-ring forms.
- Verifies the proper items prices to the menu.
- Monitors the proper recording of employees' meals and meal vouchers.
- Maintains accurate cash handling procedures at all times.
- Follow all rules and regulations of Food and Beverage.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Supervisor/Stand Leader.
- Once clocked in, must go straight to assigned area.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent desired.
- Minimum of 1 year customer service and cash handling experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have basic working knowledge of cash register and cash handling procedures.
- Must have sufficient math ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Must have basic working knowledge of concession/cafeteria operation.
- Must have ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance.
- Must speak ad understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors and employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have some experience with computers.
Must have TABC certificate and Food Handlers
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled