SMG Part Time Security Guard in Greenville, South Carolina
This position is responsible for patrolling all areas of property and parking lots, securing doors, ensuring the safety of all guests, employees and contract labor while on premises; securing property during move in/out trade shows, conventions or events by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secures property.
- Locks and unlocks facility doors.
- Conducts routine property walks.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Interacts with the public and all levels of management and fellow employees.
- Secures the safety of all individuals on the premises.
- Appropriately deals with "unruly" people.
- Works independently, and judges and assesses situations for immediate response.
- Other duties as assigned
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or G.E.D.; some college preferred
6 months to 1 year security experience, preferably in a similar environment
Valid driver's license required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work irregular hours including, night shifts, weekends and holidays
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have some computer knowledge.
CERTIFICIATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This position requires appropriate credentials as mandated by State, County or local law.
(i.e., California guard card; Florida Class D license)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will require a large amount of walking, climbing, stooping, and possibly heavy lifting. Position requires work in both indoor and outdoor settings.
This position may be subjected to adverse conditions, including contact from hostile people.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled