SMG Utility Worker in Glendale, Arizona
POSITION: Utility Worker
REPORTS TO: Utility Crew Leaders
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Remove shipped materials from delivery vehicles and move to designated storage area
- Move equipment and materials from storage to specified location or setup area
- Take precautions to secure storage area contents against loss
- Loads, unloads, moves, or stores equipment according to setup or changeover needs per event
- Operate a hand truck, forklift, or other heavy equipment
- Perform physical work to assist in event setup or changeover requirements
- Complete event setups and changeovers according to verbal or written instructions, or by following drawings or diagrams
- Operate all equipment according to safety and training.
- Prepare storage areas for next setup or changeover prior to scheduled start time.
Will be used as Crew leaders upon need (usually larger event clean-ups and set-ups).
Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive walking.
- Occasionally long periods of standing.
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unaided
- The work involves some exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Mechanical skills, working experience in an arena, convention center or stadium strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements, knowledge of security and safety.
Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple assignments
Capable of working nights, weekends and holidays
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 623-433-7110.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contract
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled