SMG Plumber in Glendale, Arizona
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for the Plumber at The SMG-University of Phoenix Stadium.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following other duties may be assigned.
- Accurately maintain records of labor time, parts used, and work accomplished
- Primary responsibility will be the maintenance, inspection, and repair of plumbing, and associated equipment
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Performance of all corrective and preventive maintenance duties related to plumbing systems
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required in a team-oriented, can-do environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience in general maintenance and repair of plumbing and related building systems
- Completion twelfth grade with specialized training in the building maintenance field or plumbing or related systems
- Must possess a valid driver's license
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to repair flush valves (Sloan Regals), trouble shoot valves, angle stops, vacuum breakers, etc
- Able to repair wall hung urinals (leaks)
- Able to reseal leaking toilets. Remove and replace seals and reinstall commode.
- Able to trouble shoot shower valve issues. Adjust chocks and replace cartridges.
- Able to sweat copper pipes, braze brass, and thread iron pipes
- Able to use threading tools, pipe wrenches, torches and all other plumbing tools proficiently.
- Able to clear plumbing clogs using plungers, angers, snakes and electric cable machine
- Must be able to assemble pipes; PVC, iron, copper, C.P.V.C. and repair with ends, garden hoses.
- Should possess a good knowledge of pump repair, pump alignment and trouble shooting pump system problems.
- Possess a good working knowledge of lift stations, sewage ejector pumps and domestic water pumps and check valves.
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to lift 40 lbs unaided
- Must be familiar with OSHA requirements
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to use Windows based computer systems
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform work at high heights
To perform this job successfully, the individual should have some computer skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member
- Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Please attach a copy of your most recent resume and cover letter which includes salary requirements.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 623-433-7110.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled