SMG Maintenance Engineer in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Engineer at the Broward County Convention Center. Maintain and operate the physical plant, protecting its assets while ensuring the successful production of events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform regular maintenance on all mechanical, emergency, structural, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general equipment, and other operating systems.
- Install, repair, and replace mechanical, emergency, structural, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general equipment, and other operating systems as needed.
- Monitor and operate energy management system, mechanical, emergency, structural, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general equipment, and other operating systems as required.
- Perform general maintenance in and around the facility to include painting, carpentry, plastering, landscaping, pavement repair, cleaning, and other duties as needed.
- Assist other departments as needed to insure efficient operation of the Convention Center.
- Maintain log on equipment maintenance.
- Maintain inventory; requisition supplies as needed.
- Monitor building condition, report problems.
- Assist vendors with provision of service to events.
- Assist contractors with performance of maintenance contracts and provision of service to building.
- Oversee event sub-contractors to ensure safe interface with building systems.
- Operate machinery and use tools as needed.
- Provide technical support in the planning and implementation of events.
- Provide technical and other support in event set up.
- Follow established safety procedures and code of conduct.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of three (3) years in the maintenance or construction of a commercial facility.
Working knowledge of maintenance or construction trades and practices.
Skills and Abilities
Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to take direction.
Ability to work without supervision.
Ability to operate tools and machinery to include: forklift, genie lift, scissor lift, scrubber, drills, saws, hand tools, and other equipment as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient In Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Hours of Work and Travel Requirements
Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed. No travel required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk extensively; occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG -- Broward County Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33316
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 954-765-5900
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled