SMG Banquet Server in Florence, South Carolina
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Banquet Server at the Florence Civic Center. Under direct supervision, performs work as needed to serve food and drinks for catering events at the facility by performing the following duties.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in all aspects of catering event preparation. Duties include, but not limited to setting up and clearing tables and replenishing food and beverage supplies.
- Monitor and service guests' needs efficiently and courteously by serving entrees, refilling beverages, clearing dirty dishes, etc.
- Replenish food and beverage items as necessary.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation at all times.
- Assist with pre/post event cleaning and janitorial tasks including, but not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, trash removal, vacuuming, etc.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Position requires ability to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to catering event set-up and typical methods and techniques for cleaning, maintaining, and replenishing food and beverage supplies.
- Exhibit a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills; respond quickly and promptly to customer requests for service and assistance.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, and moving of up to 50 pounds of weight.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work well in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- Must pass background check.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please apply at:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled