St. Joseph Health RN Clinical Coordinator - Cardiovascular & Thoracic in Eureka, California
RN Clinical Coordinator – Cardiovascular & Thoracic for Surgical Services at St Joseph Hospital in Eureka, CA.
Full-time position; 80 hours biweekly. 8-hour Day shift.
The RN Surgical Services Coordinator functions as the resource for the department as it relates to their area of specialty.
Demonstrates collaborative skills be performing the following activities:
· Collects and analyzes data required to facilitate collaboration.
· Reviews the case schedule in advance and initiated interventions and consultation as needed.
· Queries physicians and perioperative staff to identify needs.
· Actively collaborates with other health care professionals and departments to improve patient care and prevent negative patient outcomes.
· Demonstrates effective communication with members of the perioperative team.
· Facilitates, coordinates, and manages change.
· Assesses the need, readiness, and environment for change.
· Participates in the development of project plans for change.
· Follows the appropriate chain of command.
Models professional behavior in the following manor:
· Demonstrates self-respect.
· Acts as a role model
· Continuously pursues personal and professional growth.
· Participates in professional organizations.
· Demonstrates patient advocacy by fostering an environment that protects the patient from incompetent, unethical, or illegal practices.
Coordinates perioperative staff training, education, and development in the following manor:
· Completes needed assessment.
· Identifies staff learning needs and sets priorities.
· Develops staff education sessions to facilitate achievement of staff competencies.
· Conducts or facilitates formal continuing education sessions for perioperative team.
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing school required. B.S.; M.A. or M.S. degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year surgery experience or completion of Perioperative 101 course required.
Licensure: State of California as a Registered Nurse required
Certification: Current CPR and ACLS certification is required. CNOR preferred.
National Geographic Traveler calls Humboldt County one of the world's top ten great places while the USDA declares this area to be 'America's Most Scenic Rural County.' It's also home for St. Joseph Hospital, located in Eureka and serving the community since 1920. We're a full-service, state-of-the-art facility with 145 licensed beds including a 15-bed Acute Rehab Unit. Redwood Memorial Hospital is located in the Eel River Valley in the southern part of Humboldt County. Redwood Memorial Hospital fosters a healing and welcoming environment by taking a holistic, patient-centered approach to medicine. To learn more about our facilities and all Humboldt County has to offer, please visit: www.stjosepheureka.org St. Joseph Hospital provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Joseph Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.