SMG Concessions Stand Worker in Del Mar, California
POSITION: Concession Worker/Pizza Runner
REPORTS TO: Concession Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Stand Worker Position for SMG/Premier Food Services, Inc. Responsible for -- food preparation, selling food and drinks, collecting money and tendering change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Welcome guests who approach the concession stand or call out for one (in case of mobile stands).
- Take orders for food and beverages and prepare food items such as sandwiches and hotdogs using appropriate quantities of ingredients.
- Follow proper sanitation guidelines during food preparation and packing activities.
- Acquaint customers with prices and packing options and follow instructions regarding portions and packing.
- Perform garnishing duties on salads, sandwiches and wraps according to customers' requirements and instructions.
- Process cash payments and tender change, along with ensuring that all received cash is well-accounted for and stored in a safe area.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Must attend LEAD alcohol training. Must be over 18 to serve alcohol.
- Participate in the set-up of concession stands, arrange inventory of supplies and communicate shortages of deficiencies to vendors or suppliers.
- Perform clean-up duties after each shift and ensure that concession stand is sanitized and tidied up for the next attendant.
- Handle light bookkeeping duties by creating and maintaining reports of cash received against food and beverage items sold.
- Clean and maintain food preparation equipment such as grills and ovens on a regular basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Eligibility to work as a concession stand worker includes being at least 16 years of age, preferably a high school diploma or a GED (not necessary though) and the ability to work weekends, some weekdays, holidays and evenings.
Skills and Abilities
- The ability to handle physical activities
- stand and walk for long periods of time
- lift weight in excess of 25 pounds is essential.
- Strong written, verbal & interpersonal skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 858.755.6345.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled