SMG Bartender in Del Mar, California
REPORTS TO: Bar Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Bartender Position for SMG/Premier Food Services, Inc. Responsible for -- Prepare, mix and serve drinks and beverages correctly to either customer directly or through serving staff to work during the 2018 Horse Racing Season, July 18th- September 3th.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- greet customers and present beverage menus
- make recommendations and answer all related inquiries
- check identification of customers to verify they are of legal drinking age
- take orders from serving staff or directly from customers
- record drink orders accurately into register system
- prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in accordance with standard recipes
- peel, slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- mix and garnish cocktails according to standard specs
- serve snacks to customers seated at the bar
- upsell drink and snack items to customers
- respond promptly to requests from customers in a polite and professional fashion
- attempt to limit problems related to customers' excessive drinking by following established procedures
- process transactions using the POS system
- prepare checks for customers
- process customer payments
- arrange glasses and bottles into attractive and functional displays
- ensure clean glasses, bar equipment and working areas
- comply with all health, safety and hygiene standards and policies
- balance the cash register at the start and close of each shift
- monitor inventory
- order and restock bar inventory
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma preferred/ 2 Years' Experience
Skills and Abilities
- minimum age requirement of 21 years
- working knowledge of standard drink recipes
- working knowledge of spirits, wine and beer
- understanding of classes of alcohol, different glasses, brand names and garnishments
- working knowledge of bar equipment
- knowledge and education in mixology an advantage
- numeracy and cash-handling skills
- able to work flexible schedules
- able to work in a standing position for long periods
- be able to reach and bend and frequently lift up to 30 pounds
- customer service orientation
- communication skills
- interpersonal skills
- team member
- high energy level
- handle a fast-paced work environment
- reliability/must be available for Race Season July - September
- honesty and integrity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 858.755.6345.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled