Curtiss-Wright Corporation Unit Controller in Cheswick, Pennsylvania
The Opportunity | Unit Controller
Summary of Position:
Coordinates, administers and controls financial operations for a business unit while mitigating financial risk to the Company. Provides tax, insurance and other reports required by governmental regulations. Oversees the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements.
This positon may reside in Cheswick, PA, Bethlehem, PA or Wellsville, NY at the start of employment. It should be noted, that within an eighteen (18) or twenty-four month period, the individual in this position will be relocated to South Carolina once an area is identified in South Carolina and the Plant is operational.
- Directs all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts for a $60 million dollar business.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial and budgetary reports.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Ensures compliance with GAAP and other regulatory or governmental regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley, Cost Accounting Standards, (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) as well as Corporate policies and procedures.
- Administer preparation and timely filing of all accounting and financial reports for governmental and regulatory agencies annually
- Administer general and cost accounting activities in performing all general ledger functions and keep custody of accounting books, records and forms.
- Provide advice in developing objectives, strategies and tactics from an accounting and financial perspective
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting of financial statements and analyses results based on actual and forecast revenue/budget and provides reports with observation/recommendations to local management.
- Coordinate the preparation of annual and quarterly budgets, forecasts and cash flow projects to guide the financial management of the business segment.
- Review proposals and appropriation requests, analyze ledger and module transactions.
- Manage elements of A/R and A/P transactional flow, active participation in strategic planning process.
- Interfaces with Program Management and Engineering to ensure accuracy of development program costs to date and estimates to complete in support of POC Revenue recognition.
- Administer the financial analysis activities and provide for the analysis and interpretation of past, present and indicated future results of the business unit, relating to sales, cost, profits and rate of return
- Administer and provide for financial planning and budget preparation and follow up controls and comparisons relating to both short-term and long-term plans for the business unit.
- Preparation of Forward Pricing Rates, incurred cost submissions and other government contracting analysis as required.
- Leads interface on external, internal and government audits (DCAA/DCMA)
Initially, the individual will be required to travel 85% until the plant in South Carolina is established.
- Bachelors and Master Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. CPA a plus
- Ten (10) to twelve (12) years of experience in various financial/accounting positions
- Strong knowledge of government contracting; cost accounting standards and Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisitions Regulations (DFAR)
- Five (5) to seven (7) years in a management position
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled