SMG Operations Changeover Crew in Charlottesville, Virginia
POSITION: Part-Time Operations Crew
REPORTS TO: Operations Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Hourly ($10/hour), Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for part-time Operations Changeover Crew members at SMG/John Paul Jones Arena. Under general supervision, Changeover Crew members will provide general labor, help with conversions of the facility to prepare for events, and assist with general maintenance. The Operations Crew is a vital component of the John Paul Jones Arena.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with converting Arena from one function to another (i.e., basketball to concerts, theater, meetings, and other types of functions).
- Follows directions of supervisors; sets up and breaks down stages, seating, tables, ramps, etc.
- Assists with fixing seats, grounds clean up, snow removal, etc.
- Performs light cleaning and housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Follows all safety precautions and emergency procedures established at the facility. Reports any safety and damage concerns to the Manager.
Hours of Work
- Flexible part-time schedule including some extended hours and/or irregular hours (long days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed).
- The scheduling will be based on events, staffing needs, and employee availability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Operational knowledge of tools and equipment.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Desire to work hard to produce consistent, quality results.
- Must have ability to take/follow directions and remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through with a "can do" attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- The employee is required to walk/stand extensively, kneel, climb to high walkways, balance, and maneuver to all areas of the facility.
- The employee must frequently move and/or lift 30 -- 50 lbs. (some heavier lifts are team lifts).
- May have some exposure to adverse conditions (inside and outside of the building)
- Must be able to hear and speak to use a two-way radio.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG-John Paul Jones Arena
295 Massie Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 434-243-2158.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled