SMG Kitchen Cook in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Summary: Under supervision of Director of Food & Beverage, this position works in the main kitchen and in concessions areas preparing food items for the facility,
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fulfilling the service per each Banquet Event Orders (BEO) or at the direction of the Executive Chef or Sous Chef Coordinates with the Concessions Workers, Cashiers and Runners to determine adequate inventory levels for proper and uninterrupted concessions service.
- Assists management, warehouse staff, and all concessions workers maintain accurate inventory control. Maintain all Kitchen equipment cleanliness and assists with annual maintenance.
- Must be creative in designing buffet food presentations.
- Prepare recipes as directed.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion. Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual and the Business Code of Conduct.
- Attend OSHA required trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees, guests and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast paced environment with the ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Must have working knowledge of Food and Beverage operations, including inventory, management and purchasing procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have 1-year kitchen/restaurant cooking experience
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass background check
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up to 30 lbs. to the waist and standing for extended periods of times.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled