SMG Concessions Cashier in Anchorage, Alaska
JOB TITLE: Concessions DEPARTMENT: F&B
LOCATION: Anchorage Convention Centers SALARY RANGE: $10.00 - $12.00
REPORTS TO: F&B Manager POSITION: Part-Time Hourly
DEFINITION: Must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. Physical strength and stamina are essential to this position due to the high activity level.
Prepares, handles and serves concessions food in stands to customers during events, including cashier responsibilities.
- Must have current Muni Food Workers card.
- Must have basic cash handling capabilities.
- Stores all appropriate food in refrigerated walk-in, making sure of proper covers and labels with dates, using the proper containers to protect against waste and spoilage.
- Maintains work area, storage, and refrigeration in clean and sanitary condition at all times, according to Health Department Standards.
- Checks and controls the proper storage and rotation of product, especially all fresh products, to maintain quality product.
Has basic knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking
Has basic knowledge of Health Department sanitation standards
Has knowledge or the ability to learn how to operate all concessions equipment, (i.e. fryers, grill, prep area, cash register, etc). Has sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
Is able to read and write the English language in order to read recipes, comprehend job requests, caution notices, and communication with other employees
Is able to grasp, lift and/or carry a maximum of 50 lbs. on a continuous schedule.
Is able to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
The above can be met by a combination of education and training or experience.
If you interested in applying for this position, please click on the link to be directed to the SMG Careerwebsite to complete an online application. Thank you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled