SMG Adminstrative Assistant II in Anchorage, Alaska
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant ll DEPARTMENT: Administration
LOCATION: Sullivan Arena SALARY RANGE: $13.50 - $19.00
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED: This position reports to the Accounting Manager and receives direction from the Finance Director.
DEFINITION: The administrative assistant provides secretarial support for the Sullivan Arena administration. Duties include receptionist functions, event function support, assisting all administrators, managers, and supervisors, follow-up on accounts receivable/accounts payable, and computer support including data entry to the general ledger, monthly financial reconciliations, and performs daily accounting tasks using generally accepted accounting principles.
Serves as front desk attendant and answers the phone.
Available to assist all administrators, managers, supervisors at the Sullivan Arena with clerical needs.
- Handles all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assumes responsibility for compiling event documentation for settlements.
- Checks cash receipts against paperwork and insure all cash deposits are made in a timely manner.
- Maintains Event files for management reference.
- Enters all events on office calendar and updates calendars bi-weekly.
- Prepares monthly financial reconciliations, including data entry into general ledger.
- Trained to take on duties as assigned when someone is on vacation in the accounting department.
- Processes monthly Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable invoices and statements.
- Files accounting records and documentation.
- Assists other accounting and administrative staff as necessary.
3-5 years experience in office environment/light accounting
Demonstrated ability with electronic spreadsheets - Excel
Demonstrated ability with computerized financial software preferred
Ability to communicate orally and in writing
Ability to understand and complete written and oral instruction
Good organizational and time management skills
Ability to prioritize and multi task ongoing work and projects
The above can be met by a combination of education and training or experience.
If you are interested in appliying for this position, please click on the link to complete and online application. Please also include with your application a copy of your resume. Thank you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled