U.S. Military Academy Recreation Assistant (Facilities Operator) NF-02 in West Point, New York
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for Citizens and Non-Citizens within the local commuting area of West Point, NY. This area is defined as: Orange, Rockland, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Ulster, and Sullivan counties. (Military Spouses moving to the area within 30 days from the closing date of this announcement and Involuntarily Separated Military (ISM) members claiming ISM Preference are included in this area of consideration.)
Initial Cut-Off Date: Monday, July 31st, 2017 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST) Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement.
Subsequent referrals to the hiring manager will occur as additional vacancies become available.
The mission of the Army Athletic Association is to provide an extraordinary Division I Athletic experience that develops leaders of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country.
Located in the scenic Hudson River valley, only 50 miles from New York City, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution, a nationally-renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point's 3,000 civilian employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theatre, the Hudson Valley's premier performing arts center, and recreational facilities such as an 18-hole Golf Course and Ski Slope.
Learn more about this agency
- Job requires work in various facilities depending on requirements as determined by customer demand or programmed activities.
- Arranges furniture and equipment for various types and sizes of Sporting events, Banquets, Ceremonies; puts up and takes down special event decorations.
- Cleans recreation equipment, supplies and facility area. Operates equipment and performs self-help maintenance on facilities and equipment.
- Prepares work order for maintenance which cannot be completed by self-help.
- Policies interior and exterior areas of building and grounds and performs general housekeeping to make facilities/playing fields/pools/outdoor courts ready for use.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- #### Job family (Series)
0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Medical Examination is required.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Minimally Qualified candidates will possess the following: * Experience cleaning equipment, supplies and facility area i.e. performing general housekeeping to make facilities, playing fields and outdoor courts ready for use. * Experience checking and preparing equipment for issue to customers and monitoring the proper usage. * Experience monitoring inventory and the condition of the items on hand. * Possess and have the ability to maintain a valid driver's license.
PLEASE NOTE: Your resume must reflect the qualifications stated in the announcement and questionnaire to be rated eligible.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF - Reasonbable Accommodation
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Our Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA 3433, DA 3434, Military Permanent Change of Station Orders, Marriage Certificate
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding.
- Benefits for federal employees
- Healthcare insurance
- Pay and leave
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources (HRO) listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. If applying manually, please bring your application package to the West Point NAF Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located at: 626 Swift Road West Point, New York 10996 Monday thru Friday (not open on Federal Holidays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement. *Please note, that West Point has a restricted access policy and any person who chooses to personally deliver an application to the CPAC should bring along at least one photo identification and report to the West Point Visitor Center at least 30 minutes prior to attempting to visit the CPAC*
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
West Point NAF Human Resources Office
BR-NAF-W1FBAA US MILITARY ACADEMY DO NOT MAIL West Point, NY US
Learn more about this agency
We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) office at OPM
- Office of Equal Opportunity
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474602200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 07/17/2017 to 12/27/2017
Salary: $11.65 to $16 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Work schedule: Intermittent
Appointment type: Intermittent