OSF Healthcare Manager Perioperative Services, RN in United States
Reports to the Chief Nursing Officer/VP of Patient Services. Responsible for the overall strategic and operational management of Peri-operative services in accordance with Ministry, Health Center and regulatory requirements. This includes the planning, scheduling, implementing, and evaluating of the 24 hour / 7 day per week operation of the perioperative areas. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care that is appropriate to the ages of the patients served (from newborn through unlimited age). Duties may vary by assignment, but the following are general characteristics of the job.
- The job incumbent is required to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- This requires that the incumbent demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development as well as the physical, emotional and psycho-social needs of the patient population served.
- Advanced professional knowledge of nursing theory, practice and administration in order to oversee planning and implementation of patient care in Perioperative Services, and to prepare related reports, analyses, policies and budgets.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Approximately 5 to 7 years progressively more responsible related work experience, including at least 2 years of management experience, necessary in order to gain comprehensive knowledge of the operation and coordination of Perioperative Services, in-depth knowledge of patient care procedures and practices, and ability to plan, direct, and administer Department activities.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership to clinical personnel, maintain positive relationships among staff, physicians and Medical Center personnel, interact with patients and visitors.
- Advanced analytical, organizational, and prioritization skills necessary to effectively organize and direct the work of self and others, and to develop, implement and administer policies, procedures, budgets and clinical practices. _Preferred Qualifications_**
- Graduate Degree
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Experience the OSF culture and community byclicking here.
Organization: *Administrative Services
Title: Manager Perioperative Services, RN
Requisition ID: NUR000767