Google Technical Account Manager, Professional Services, Google Cloud in Toronto, Ontario
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Cloud Technical Account Manager (TAM), you will draw on your technical, communication and organizational skills to help customers get the most value from their Google Cloud Platform and G Suite investments. Your previous experience with enterprise infrastructure implementations, cloud platform design, Big Data solutions, and application development will play a critical part in your day-to-day work, driving success and advocating for our most critical strategic customers. You will manage all aspects of Google Cloud adoption, helping customers accelerate their journey to our platform and optimizing their business and technical operations.
You will develop deep and lasting relationships with senior business executives and IT stakeholders to develop a strong understanding of their business requirements and goals. Building on this knowledge, you will manage shared strategic roadmaps to drive customer partnerships, to provide technical guidance and program leadership, and to facilitate customers’ digital transformation using Google Cloud.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Establish and maintain a position as strategic advisor to business and IT stakeholders with Google Cloud Platform and G Suite accounts, ensuring their business priorities are met using Google Cloud solutions.
- Work with Technical Customer Leads, Client Executives, and Partners to manage and deliver migrations to Google Cloud solutions.
- Become a trusted expert in Google Cloud Platform and G Suite solutions to provide effective operational and technical advice around these technologies.
- Channel customer feedback to Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure the best possible in-production experience.
- Develop best practice recommendations for Google Cloud partners based on the experience gained during customer engagements.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in performing customer-facing services consulting in relation to infrastructure and/or data systems.
- Experience in working with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams and customer bases.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- MBA or a graduate degree in a management, technical or engineering field.
- Experience working with channel partners, systems integrators and third party developers to deliver successful solutions.
- Experience in application/workload migration using cloud architecture. Demonstrated technical background in at least 2 of the following areas: data center infrastructure, operating systems, networking, security, system administration, service management modernization, or data architecture.
- Experience in technical support and/or cloud operations (e.g. capacity planning, product release management, etc).
- Ability to present technical materials effectively to diverse stakeholder groups and to engage effectively with senior executives of large enterprises on both technical and non-technical matters.
- Effective communication, project management and stakeholder management skills, with a focus on translating business requirements into technology solutions.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.