Kelly Services Scientist in Salt Lake City, Utah
Scientist, Salt Lake City, UT
Kelly Services is currently seeking a Scientist for one of our top clients in Salt Lake City, UT.
Pay rate: $25/hr
Work schedule: Monday - Friday, regular business hours
Essential functions include:
• Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and state, federal and local laws.
• Operates general analytical instruments including HPLC, GC-FID, UV-VIS, FTIR, automatic titrators, and pH meters. Prepares standard and sample solutions as required by the test methods
• Performs investigations and troubleshooting of analytical test methods and lab instruments.
• Performs wet chemistry tests on samples such as pH, and titration and prepares mobile phase, and buffer solutions as required by test methods and performs all necessary calculations associated.
• Carries out quantitative and qualitative analyses in support of method comparisons, method transfers and method validations.
• Labels, transcribes and records documentation such as report sheets and laboratory notebooks as required by SOPs.
• Cleans, maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment to ensure compliance with current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP).
• Meets project deadlines and performance standards as assigned.
• Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related science from an accredited college or university; and a minimum of zero (0) to one (3) years of related laboratory work experience in a pharmaceutical environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Usage of GC and HPLC chromatographic equipment, as well as UV/VIS, and FTIR operation methods and techniques.
• Business, scientific and personal computer hardware and software applications.
• Business English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Wet Chemistry and Chemistry related to sampling methods, quality control systems, analysis and documentation practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn FDA, cGLP, cGMP, and SOP or other applicable regulatory and safety compliance guidelines.
• Performing testing accurately and precisely.
• Responding to routine inquiries from management, employees and regulatory agencies.
• Communicating clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Managing multiple projects, duties and assignments.
• Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
• Outstanding work ethic and attention to detail.
If you are interested in the position, please apply to this posting with an updated resume. Thank you for your time and I look forward to working with you.
Dan Stubblefield and Lauren Rogers
Kelly Services Scientific Recruiters
Why Kelly®? With Kelly, you’ll have access to some of the world’s highest-regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today’s most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you’ll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and found opportunities for more than 11,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]]