VMware Sr MTS, QE in Pune, India
VMware is looking for Sr MTS level software quality engineers who are passionate about changing the future networking with the NSX Network Virtualization system & scale test team. The ideal candidate has a wide variety of software experience in the areas of distributed systems testing, networking, object oriented programming, virtualization software, and building/automating clouds.
You will be expected to become an expert on the next generation NSX product. In the system & scale test team we consider ourselves to be the first customer. This means that we anticipate problems customers will experience before they experience them, and we do this through writing comprehensive end to end test cases. We utilize complex automation to build the test environments and execute the test cases. In addition to testing end to end functionality we also have the opportunity to think creatively, and shape the product’s features and behavior to create a better user experience for the customer.
As a Sr MTS engineer in system test you’ll be responsible for owning the end to end testing of one or more major subsystems in the next generation NSX network virtualization product. You’ll be expected to coordinate not only within the system & scale test team, but across the development organization to ensure a feature is tested from the functional, scale, system, and performance perspectives. You will be given broad problem sets, and trusted to implement well-engineered solutions.
• Write high quality test code to execute complex tests on a distributed system
• Clear verbal and written communication
• Be a strong advocate of software quality
• Visit customer sites to understand production deployments
• Work across teams with SEs, Support engineers, and across the Dev and QE organizations
• Create test plans for entire releases
• Coordinate activities of junior and senior engineers
• Implement code to streamline automation, and reduce cycle times
• Track test deliverables to product release schedule
• At least 7+ years of experience in software development and quality engineering
• Strong experience in Amazon, Microsoft public cloud will be required.
• 5+ Years Virtualization experience - Installation/Configuration/Administration (ESX and KVM a plus)
• Operating Systems: Deep Linux knowledge - Installation/Configuration/Administration (RHEL and Ubuntu a plus), Windows Server, Windows 7
• Strong understanding of L2 and L3 networks, VLANs
• Networking troubleshooting / debugging - e.g. tcpdump, wireshark, traceroute, route, netstat
• Network protocols: TCP, UDP, ARP, DHCP, ICMP, IPv4/IPv6
• 5+ years of Python or equivalent
• Object oriented programming
•Self-sufficient, but knows when to ask for help
• Knowledge of cloud architecture - vCD or Openstack a plus
• SCM: git, gerrit, Perforce, SVN
• Databases: MySQL or similar
• Bug tracking: bugzilla, redmine
Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or higher) and equivalent work experience
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.