Cumuls Broadcasting Director of Promotions, Marketing and Integrated Sales in Providence, Rhode Island
The Power of Radio is hiring!
Cumulus Media’s Providence location is offering a great opportunity to learn (be a part of) the promotions/marketing/programming side of the radio broadcasting industry as Director of Promotions, Marketing and Integrated Sales for WPRO-AM and WWLI-FM. Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, and highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment and be interested in learning more about the technical side of producing and programming.
Who We Are:
Cumulus Providence currently features 5 stations in the Providence metro area. WPRO-AM, WPRO-FM, Lite Rock 105, Hot 106 and WPRV-AM. Our stations reach hundreds of thousands of listeners on a weekly basis. At Cumulus Providence we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
Cumulus owns and operates 460 radio stations in 94 U.S. markets, as well as Westwood One Networks, serving over 10,000 stations worldwide. Over 225 million people per week engage with a Cumulus or Westwood One asset making it an exciting and unique career opportunity! We are constantly creating new windows for success and strive to provide world class tools to help you succeed and reach your full potential as an employee. More recently, Cumulus is the proud creator of NASH – an exciting new lifestyle and entertainment brand targeting over 90 million country music fans nationwide.
The Director of Promotions, Marketing and Integrated Sales is a full time, salaried position. The ideal candidate should thrive on original thinking, not be afraid to challenge the system with new ideas, and be able to multi-task projects and clients at many levels. This individual will: understand how to close large deals with multiple components; have knowledge of digital assets and their role in complementing broadcast goals; use current trends and hot topics to create opportunities for clients; gather market intelligence relative to sales and programming; troubleshoot issues and devise solutions; develop revenue opportunities across all platforms. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage & execute NTR & Digital Budgets
- Develop Integrated Sales packages for entire Cluster
- Create programs for Incremental growth for current clients
- Client interaction via social & grassroots programs
- Attend sales meetings & co-host promotions meeting to ensure companywide transparent communication and solutions/opportunities
- Meet with Program Directors and Sales Managers daily to review tasks, goals; track monthly milestones & create action plans for shortfalls
- Research, analysis, creative solutions and strategy based on market, industry and customer information
- Work with account executives to build attractive, integrated solutions proposals to achieve annual goals and incremental growth
- Collaborate with all departments to create compelling recommendations to clients that speak to their WIFM
- Develop and grow relationships with clients
- Oversee day to day operations of Digital & Promotions Departments to produce top notch content, audience engagement and exceed goals
- Effectively lead multi-platform campaigns that focus on all elements in the Cumulus Providence arsenal; on air, on the streets, mobile, social, and digital
- Strong Graphic Design Skills
- Experience and proficiency with graphic design software such as Photoshop and Powerpoint
- Strong computer skills, proficiency with MS Office programs and ability to learn new software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and prioritizing abilities
- Great team player
What We Offer:
- Cumulus offers an opportunity to embark on a career with the fastest growing media company in the U.S.
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance.
- Competitive pay and the ability to increase income.
- Benefits, vacation, and paid holidays offered for all full time employees.
- Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account with company match, 401K with company match, and Life and Disability coverage.
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at http://www.cumulus.com/careers.
*Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. *
Location: Providence, RI