Illinois State Job Bank Employer Sr Content Analyst - 407798000 in LAKE FOREST, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/4982426 Sr Content Merchandiser n
• This role is responsible for building a holistic product content strategy for assigned
• Management accountability for orchestrating a multi-channel content vision to
support ROI, online conversion and sales targets.
• Lead taxonomy optimization endeavors focused on enhancing every facet of
Grainger's global pr oduct information supply chain and the customer's search
• Provide leadership and strategic direction in a dynamic multi-channel B2B environment
with the sole purpose of helping customers make informed purchasing decisions
through coordinated and rich product content across every channel.
n Principal Duties & n
n Responsibilities: n
• Serve as the voice of product management in merchandising activities and drive a
consistent message across all channels.
• Provide content leadership and support strategic initiatives including but not limited
to; Taxonomy optimization, online search enhancements, M&A, other promotional
• Join forces with business partners to position cross channel content management as a
valuable strategic asset for delivering clean coordinated product information to every
customer, across every channel.
• Help consumers make informed purchasing decisions through coordinated and rich
product data presented across all sales channels.
• Diagnose category level product information needs of customers and internal
stakeholders including but not limited to; E-Commerce, Customer Service, Marketing
Communications, Technical Support, Brand, Sales, and Global Business Units.
• Provide recommendations and input around E-Commerce enhancements to ensure
that they are supported from a content perspective.
• Foster insightful content strategies that support Product Line Expansion, sales growth
and profitability while driving efficiency in Grainger's product information supply
• Consult with global business partners to ensure strategic alignment and share best
• Developing measurement plans and dashboards; monitoring and reporting on critical
metrics and KPIs;
• Strategies must be data driven/customer-centric
• Team up with Product Managers to craft a product content strategy for assigned
n Preferred n
n Education & n
n Experience: .
• 5-7 years of related product merchandising, eCommerce or product management
• Impeccable oral and written skills
• Ability to gain buy-in and influence at all levels
• Keen awareness of increasing consumer expectations around product content
• Strong knowledge of MRO industry a strong plus
• Proven success working in teams with dynamic, analytics-driven, multi-channel work
• Understanding of Product Information Management systems and product data
management methodologies; experience with STIBO Systems preferred
• Experience with faceted online search engines; Endeca or Solr preferred
• Experience with the interpretation and analysis of web analytics
• High attention to detail / proven organizational skills
• Familiarity with product taxonomy research
• Strong systemic thinking and problem solving skills br>
• Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
n Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status