Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company Simulations Facilitator III in Kaiserslautern, Germany
Simulations Facilitator III
Req ID#: 17- 1014
Posting Location: Kaiserslautern - Germany
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems. We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Simulations Facilitator III
Req: 17- 1014
Location: Kaiserslautern, Germany
The Simulation Facilitator provides technical expertise for the set-up, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting of U.S. military command and control related clients and software tools. Individual shall be the technical expert on the simulation-stimulation of the systems to include the employment of simulations and/or gaming systems that stimulate command and control systems. Support the design, planning, preparation, execution, and recovery of systems to support exercise control. Provide instruction to personnel as designated by the exercise/event lead to meet individual and unit training objectives. Works in support of IT system configuration; troubleshoot issues and provide IT quality assurance.
• Provide IT configuration of stations and related systems. • Provide technical expertise in the set-up, configuration, testing, training, operating and troubleshooting of command and control, simulation, and gaming systems to support individual, collective, and unit training.
• Support system database development and advise on use of command and control, simulation, and gaming systems to support individual, collective, and unit training objectives.
• Operates simulation clients and provides functional support and feedback during events.
• Supports the technical system used to include writing exercise support plans and identifying personnel requirements.
• Recover and reconsolidate all systems after the exercise to ensure 100% functionality.
• Test and provide maintenance and storage of command and control, simulation, and gaming systems.
• Provide over the shoulder support to the military and civilian personnel on the operation of command and control and supporting simulation systems.
• Supports the After Action Review collection and presentation process.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree plus three years of recent specialized experience, or an Associate’s degree plus seven years of recent specialized experience or a major certification plus seven years of recent specialized experience, or eleven years of recent specialized experience.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Experience:
• Previous experience with military simulations exercises desired such as set-up, configuration, test, and operation of Simulations Control Systems preferred (for example: Command Post of the Future, Command and Control Personal Computer, Global Command and Control Systems, Army Battle Command Systems, Counter-Rocket, Artillery, or Mortar Integrated Battlefield Defense System of Systems, and/or Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Systems).
• Experience using Microsoft Office products required.
• IT systems and network experience desired.
• SECRET security clearance • Eligibility under the Status of Forces agreement (SOFA) to get Technical Expert Status Accreditation (TESA)
Tapestry Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.