The Hartford SC, Project Manager, (PM1), Business Consultant Hartford in HARTFORD, Connecticut
Title: SC, Project Manager, (PM1), Business Consultant Hartford
Location: United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Job Number: 1701470
The Project Manager (PM), Business Consultant is responsible for partnering with the business sponsor and business lead to deliver business outcomes that are strategically aligned and supportive of operating plan commitments.
• Accountable from project initiation through implementation and benefit realization.
• Developing the project scope, defining project guidelines, obtaining sponsor approvals, Coordinating the business resources necessary to successfully complete the project, working with key business partners including IT to deliver scope, implementing change management mechanisms and controls.
• Business PM oversees business analysis and requirements definition, business benefits, user acceptance testing, implementation and change management.
• Communicate major milestones, identify project risks, provide continuing direction to the project team, and conduct regular status meetings.
• Effectiveness is dependent upon the ability to demonstrate leadership in driving business outcomes with focus on the customer experience.
• Examine all aspects of a business issue, identifying effective alternate approaches and making recommendations based on requirements and thorough risk assessment.
Provide support across the SC portfolio on business resource planning and change management.
The ideal candidate for the Business Project Manager position has excellent project management skills, is action and results oriented, and has strong leadership skills. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following qualities in a fast-paced environment:
• 3-5 years of Project Management experience with a business focus
• Ability to tactically lead a team in achieving objectives
• Working knowledge of project management principles
• Ability to balance scope, tasks, schedules, quality, resources, and budget
• Practical application of accepted project lifecycle practices/methodology
• Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to think “out of the box” and suggest alternative solutions as it relates to the development of business requirements
• Ability to work in a matrix environment and to partner with others to deliver solutions that meet business objectives
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to organize and conduct effective meetings
• Excellent organizational, planning, and problem solving skills
• Ability to understand and manage expectations of business partners and provide a high level of customer satisfaction
• Ability to quickly recognize issues and know when to make decisions locally, and when to include higher management.
• Ability to communicate the customer’s perspective to the technical counterparts on a project team
• Experience with MS Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job: Project Mgmt (non-IT)