Cabela's Full Time Maintenance Lead in Grandville, Michigan
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela’s has an opening for a Full-Time Maintenance Lead in the Operations department at our Grandville, MI retail store.
Position Overview: This position is responsible for supporting the manager in developing a cohesive team and ensuring the proper responsibilities of the Outfitter’s duties. This position is also responsible for the general maintenance of the building and grounds in conjunction with outside vendors and contractors to provide a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in the delegation of work, determining the method of work, giving clear and concise direction, and follow up to ensure proper execution. Responsible for general cleaning duties including dusting, cleaning bathrooms and break rooms, vacuuming carpets, scrubbing floors, picking up trash (inside & outside of building) and if applicable outside maintenance (snow removal, pressure washing, sweeping, etc). Ensures of quality of work by staff and vendors.
- Coordination of out sourced contractors: obtaining bids, reviewing bids with management, securing insurance and payment terms, issuing PO's, scheduling timelines and task readiness. Follow up on tasks performed, approve final sign offs, process payment information and update and track progress/completion in Facilities Management Software.
- Perform and supervise weekly, monthly, and bi-annual preventative maintenance/inspections for HVAC, Fire Systems, Landscape systems, generators, lighting systems, shop tools, and housekeeping equipment. In conjunction with preventative maintenance checks performs/schedules general carpentry repairs, painting, floor/ wall repairs and fixture repairs, etc.
- Ordering of cleaning supplies, lighting equipment, general equipment and plumbing parts. General maintenance supplies (paint, hardware, construction supplies, etc).
- Assist manager in motivating fellow employees, keeping them engaged and working as a cohesive team.
- Sales floor up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to restock, remerchandising, dust, and vacuum sales floor as needed to ensure visual presentation standards are met.
- Fosters growth and development of retail associates by supporting training initiatives.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years’ Experience
- Vocational training -Electrical, HVAC, Commercial Housekeeping, General Carpentry, etc.(required)
- Ability to use good judgment and logic (required)
- Hiring preference is given to those with solid retail facilities knowledge, at least six months to one year of supervisory and related field experience.
Cabela’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives.
Cabela’s shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family,andemployee discounts.
Applying for a posted position does not guarantee an interview. The Internal Transfer Policy applies.
Auto req ID: 39991BR
Posting Title: Full Time Maintenance Lead
Location/Division: Grandville MI - Retail
Req Type: Non-Exempt