Army Installation Management Command Supervisory Security Guard in Fort Lee, Virginia
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
Competition for Security Guard positions is restricted by law to persons entitled to Veterans' Preference as long as such applicants are available for appointment.
This announcement is for Fort Lee and pay setting will be set IAW the installation's local Pay Setting policy.
Recruitment incentives and advanced in-hire rates are authorized.
All GS-0085 DASGs assigned to the U.S. Army Garrison Fort Lee after 19 February 2017 are authorized an advanced in hire rate of Step 2. In addition a 10% retention incentive will be authorized after 6 months of employment. Certain conditions apply to maintaining the retention incentive and will be discussed at time of job offer.
Please read all " Conditions of Employment" for this location.
About the Position:This is a PERMANENT Supervisory Security Guard position with the U.S. Army Installation Management Command, Directorate of Emergency Services (DES), Police/Provost Marshal Division, located at Fort Lee, Virginia.
Perform installation access, usage of physical access control equipment and visitor access on military installations. Safeguard Government personnel, information, operations, and critical assets in accordance with a wide variety of Federal rules and agency/local regulations and policies.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Train guard personnel in operating the latest credential verification and vehicle/cargo inspection equipment used to detect explosives, chemical agents and other unauthorized substances.
- Set employee standards for performance and prepares performance evaluations based on employee compliance.
- Perform supervisory and administrative duties relating to the security guard force.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Plan and coordinate the activities of a guard shift, through Lead Security Guards in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- See "Other Requirements"
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: work that involves conducting installation access, usage of physical access control equipment and visitor access control onto military installations; safeguarding Government personnel, information, operations, and critical assets in accordance with a wide variety of Federal rules and agency/local regulations/policies. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/position in the federal service (GS-06)
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of military installation protective physical security services
- Knowledge of security training requirements
- Knowledge of security personnel management
- Skill in conducting Physical Security Plan analysis
- Ability to disseminate information
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone. No substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year Supervisory probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable T-3 level personal background investigation.
- Must successfully pass entry level and annual re-certification of standard Army physical fitness/agility test.
- Must successfully pass entry level and annual re-certification in the use of aerosol irritants and baton.
- May be required to wear protective gear to include chemical protection masks and gloves.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR certification and First Aid training.
- Must successfully complete security guard training.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment and recurring medical examination (physical, emotional and mental stability).
- Must be proficient in the use of assigned firearms/weapons, pass an initial qualification, and must qualify semi-annually thereafter in the use of assigned firearms/weapons.
- May require shift work which may include fluctuating tours of duty to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug test and then annually through random testing thereafter.
- Must maintain requirements of the Individual Reliability Program (IRP) in accordance with AR 190-56, The Army Civilian Police and Security Guard Program.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Position requires wearing of prescribed uniform.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a state certification for operating the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) terminals.
- Position requires working in adverse weather conditions.
- Position requires lifting persons involved in accidents/incidents & using unarmed combat techniques for self-defense to subdue persons.
- Position subject to possible civil actions due to improper exercises of authority or injudicious use of force in the detention of individuals.
- Position may be subject to verbal abuse and possible injury or death.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Proceduresinformation sheet.
- Multiple vacancies may be filled with this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476761600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-18
Salary: $41,791 to $54,332 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 07
Series: 0085 Security Guard
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full Time
Job announcement number: SWDASG171998717
Control number: 476761600