Army Installation Management Command CYS ASSISTANT DIRECTOR NF-03 in Fort Irwin, California
About the Agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at our Middle School Teen Program.
- Serves as a Child and Youth Services (CYS) Assistant Director of a Level 1 - 3 (small to large size) CYS Program with responsibility for assisting the supervisor in the operation of an assigned CYS program IAW all applicable regulations and standards. Acts as Director in Director's absence. Applies professional knowledge to plan, implement, and supervise a comprehensive program that promotes positive growth and development of children and youth. Ensures facility/outdoor venues maintain appropriate standards for condition and sanitation. Provides program oversight and accountability for the performance of assigned staff and the safety and well being of children and youth IAW DoD, Army and local policies and standards. Ensures assigned staff follow risk management procedures (i.e., abuse prevention, identification, and reporting procedures; accident prevention, etc.). Monitors and analyzes adult/participant ratio sheets to ensure proper staffing policies are enforced. Prepares work schedules for assigned staff to meet ratio and group size requirements. Ensures children/youth are appropriately supervised at all times. Develops policies, procedures and SOPs to support program goals.
- Serves as a member of the Installation Child and Youth Evaluation Team to ensure compliance with health, fire, safety, facility and program regulatory requirements and CYS baseline standards. Assists in maintaining DoD/Army certification for assigned program areas, and helps ensure program achieves and retains national accreditation or Army equivalent and maintains accreditation/Army equivalent standards.
- Assists in complying with DA guidance to include CYPPP, fee policies, program registration/enrollment, and baseline standards and benchmarks, and provides input on installation needs and trends to CYS Program Director for inclusion in the CYS Operations Plan.
- Initiates requests for recruitments utilizing Army CYS Standard Position Descriptions. Supervises and evaluates employees based on established performance standards as required. Provides appropriate staff professional recognition and/or disciplinary action. Recommends assigned staff for promotion IAW Child and Youth Personnel Pay Program (CYPPP) guidelines. Conducts written observations of staff during all hours of operation, and evaluates employees based on established performance standards. Supports and budgets for staff annual training requirements (i.e., credentials, certifications and training for professional management staff). Ensures timely submission of personnel actions. Provides training for employees as required.
- Assists supervisor in developing program budget. Manages assigned program areas to budget. Conducts written analyses of budget variances, and Prepares justification for funding of program resource requirements. Utilizes Child and Youth Management System (CYMS) to oversee the collection, accurate accounting and reporting of funds; and to collect and maintain up-to-date statistical data for planning and reporting purposes IAW higher headquarters and statutory requirements.
- Monitors food service program for assigned area ensuring compliance with all applicable Army and USDA food program policies and procedures to include proper meal components and portion sizes. Provides input for changes in menus based on child/youth and parental suggestions. Maintains food program records as required.
- Implements an active program of parental involvement, providing parent education opportunities and encouraging parent observation and participation. Encourages parent representation on CYS Parent and or Parent/Youth council and Child and Youth Evaluation Team. Assists in conducting annual parent/parent-youth satisfaction surveys and analyzing results. Supervises volunteers and assigns roles as required.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Successful completion of a 4-year college or university degree with a major course of study which directly relates to the appropriate CYS field consistent with: - For positions in Child Development Facilities: The education must have been in child development, early childhood education, home economics (early childhood emphasis), elementary education, special education or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled such as related behavioral science. - For positions in Youth Facilities: The education must have been in youth development, youth administration, education, home economics, physical education, elementary education, special education or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled such as related behavioral science.
- In addition to the basic requirements stated above the following is required: - Experience that involved teaching children or other work that demonstrated the ability to perform the duties of the position. - Ability to select, train, and supervise childcare and preschool employees, family childcare providers, or other care-giving adults. - Ability to develop and implement child development programs, including family day care programs, part-day preschool programs, and before and after school programs. - The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions. - Must possess comprehensive oral and communications skills and analytical writing skills, and the ability to present ideas and proposals to a variety of audiences. OR
Successful completion of at least 24 semester hours in a major course of study in education or appropriate CYS field as indicated above, plus appropriate work experience that provided knowledge skills and abilities directly related to the duties described.
In addition to the basic requirements stated above the following is required: - 3 months of directly related work experience teaching children or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position to be filled. - Ability to develop and implement child development programs, including family day care programs, part-day preschool programs, and before and after school programs. - The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions. - Must possess comprehensive oral and communications skills and analytical writing skills, and the ability to present ideas and proposals to a variety of audiences.
Successful completion of a 4-year college or university degree with a major course of study which directly relates to the appropriate CYS field or Successful completion of at least 24 semester hours in a major course of study in education or appropriate CYS field. College Transcripts are required.
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Shifts may include working; morning, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- Pre-employment physical is required.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- Announcement will have cut-off-dates every Friday and/or announced until filled.
- Selectees may have the option to reside in On-Post Housing, at their own cost. Information may be obtained from The Villages at Fort Irwin, (760)386-4663 and/or http://www.villagesatfortirwin.com.
- Ride Sharing/MassTransit Subsidies/eRide/etc. for individuals who live in the surrounding geographical area.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476860400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-09-10
Salary: $43,790 to $63,043 / per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 3
Series: 1701 General Education And Training
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Part-Time - 20 Hours
Job announcement number: WENAFET1710037786SR
Control number: 476860400