Army Installation Management Command Motor Vehicle Operator NA-08 in Fort Carson, Colorado
About the Agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is local. Local commuting area means: El Paso, Pueblo, Teller county/counties or any other localities that you are willing to commute from. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Middle School Teen/Programs.
DFMWR strives to deliver the highest quality programs and services at Fort Carson -- from family, child and youth programs to recreation, sports, entertainment, and leisure activities.
*For more information about NAF HRO go to https://www.facebook.com/carsonnafhro/ and like us today!
- Operates a motor coach to transport large groups of people on trips where day and night driving are involved.
- Drives in a variety of driving situations such as congested highways, metropolitan areas, narrow country or mountain roads, and steep winding grades.
- Ensures the safe travel of passengers.
- Performs preventive maintenance. Arranges for towing and unexpected repairs. Arranges for parking and storage as required.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Physical is required
- Drug test is required
Knowledge of height, weight, width, and length of vehicle in order to judge overhead and side clearances, turning radius and braking distance. Skill to maneuver oversize vehicles safely in narrow and confined locations. Skill to remain attentive and maintain a defensive attitude while making interstate drives at highway speeds. Knowledge of safety rules and traffic regulations. Knowledge on how to properly load, unload, and arrange cargo. Skill in selecting the shortest and safest route. Ability to recognize hazardous conditions.
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Able to work an irregular work schedule; afternoons and evenings.
- Drives outside in all kinds of weather in all types of traffic at highway speeds over complicated road and interchange systems. Exposed to dirt and fumes, and the possibility of cuts, bruises, and broken bones as a result of accidents while driving or from falling objects when loading and unloading the vehicle.
- Light to moderate physical effort is required in reaching, bending, turning, or moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to operate hand and foot controls. Moderate physical effort is required in making couplings and maneuvering the longer and heavier vehicles. Moderate physical effort is required in handling objects weighing up to 40 pounds, and occasionally heavier objects with the assistance of others or weight handling equipment. Heavy physical effort is required to climb on tractors to load or tie down cargo.
What To Expect Next
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476889500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-25
Salary: $12.53 to $14.66 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 8
Series: 5703 Motor Vehicle Operating
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Part-Time - 20 Hours
Job announcement number: SWNAFEI1710037611
Control number: 476889500