Navient Technical Architect in Fishers, Indiana
The Technical Architect; a high-level expert well versed in the design and implementation of SOAP and REST based service solutions as well as ASP/.Net web solutions. Ability to take a high-level strategy and work closely with the business and IT teams to develop an efficient and comprehensive solution that's flexible, maintainable and compliant with all state and federal regulations.
This individual will evaluate new technologies, software and tools for possible inclusion into the overall system and/or development procedures. Will instruct, direct, check the work of other applications personnel while completing quality assurance review responsibilities. Must be able to act independently, as well as, work well on integrated business and IT teams.
Must be a leader with a desire to learn and the ability to teach others.
- Analyzes the system requirements for medium to large scale projects. May work individually or with other systems and business analysts to evaluate the impact of automating a business activity.
- Translates the analysis into a systems design for a medium-to-large scale project. Determines the best technical architectural design for a system while still meeting the business requirements specified in analysis. Maintains technical knowledge of such things as current system integration, performance issues, and flexibility of technical tools available. Will work with other technical areas within Information Services (e.g. Database, Technical Services, etc.).
- Assists with the planning and designing of system tests for projects involved. Responsible for identifying scenarios from all affected business functions and detailing their affect.
- Reviews all major changes to assigned systems. Ensures optimal decisions have been made regarding analysis, design, and implementation of all projects.
- Researches or participates in problem investigation of a system, business, or technical nature. Examples may include answering audit questions or researching complex production problems.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to the development teams and management on the technical architecture and infrastructure developments, including their feasibility.
- Ensure the proper flow and functionality of systems.
- Promote the re-use of code, components, and systems, as applicable.
- Works with clients to develop work requests and initial definition of changes to the business function. system. Also, working with an existing client to develop a means to overcome problems or incorporate new regulations or policies.
- Be a technical link between the project managers, business analysts, developers and testers.
- Participates in special projects requiring a blend of technical and business expertise.
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Technology or related field
- 6-77+ years of .Net/C# development experience building or maintaining a web service-oriented application.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of structured analysis, design, testing methodologies, and implementation procedures for medium-to-large scale projects
Other Helpful Education or Experience:
- 2-3 years of related work experience designing / developing web application solutions
- Experience integrating with legacy systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage 1-3 programmer/analysts for three to six months with very little direction from senior staff members
- People management skills, including the ability to lead, counsel, lead, and motivate staff
- Capable of defining / implementing both business & operational performance metrics into the application solutions
- Experience working with projects requiring compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Experience with client-server architectures.
- Experience in defining and developing high-volume, horizontally scalable architectures.
- Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery.
- Experience with communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience evaluating new technologies for their appropriateness to proposed solutions, including assessing their strategic and/or tactical benefit.
- Experience working with structured data formats (e.g. XML, and JSON).
- Experience working with C#, .Net, RESTful web services and XSLT.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have strong problem solving skills.
- Must be able to gather and assimilate information.
- Must be able to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
- Must be able to be adapt and prioritize.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to think ahead and anticipate problems, issues and solutions.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a federal government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.